What should I expect during an A-TEMP air conditioning tune-up?
All manufacturers recommend annual maintenance and care by a licensed HVAC contractor. During an A-TEMP 21-Point Precision Tune-Up, we will record measurements and observations, and identify and recommend any corrective actions needed to maintain the system’s ability to efficiently provide clean, conditioned air to your home for its normal expected lifetime.
Our 21-Point Precision Tune-Up
- Verify thermostat is sending proper signal to the air conditioner.
- Inspect cabinet for rust, holes, seam separation and proper clearances.
- Inspect all electrical wiring and connections.
- Measure line voltage.
- Inspect fan blade for cracks and verify tight connection to motor shaft.
- Verify fan spins freely and has minimal endplay.
- Measure condenser fan motor amperage.
- Measure compressor amperage.
- Inspect and test contactors/relays.
- Check circuit board for hot spots and other damage.
- Inspect all capacitors and microfarad.
- Inspect and clean outdoor coil.
- Clean interior and exterior of outdoor cabinet. Apply protective coating.
- Inspect indoor coil condition. If cleaning is needed, additional charges will apply. Our technician will explain these charges beforehand.
- Inspect drain pan and drain line for proper drainage and clean if necessary.
- Check static pressures.
- Inspect indoor blower assembly. If cleaning is needed, additional charges will apply. Our technician will explain these charges beforehand.
- Measure temperature drop across indoor coil.
- Visually inspect accessible ductwork for any defect and verify airflow at each vent inside of home.
- Remove and check filter. Replace if needed. Certain filter replacements require additional charges, depending on the type of filter your system utilizes. Our technicians will discuss this with you before any replacements.
- Verify thermostat settings and cycle air conditioner to verify proper sequence of operation upon completion.