What should I expect during an A-TEMP heat pump tune-up?
All manufacturers recommend annual maintenance and care by a licensed HVAC contractor. During an A-TEMP 21-Point Precision Tune-Up, we will record measurements and observations, and identify and recommend any corrective actions needed to maintain the system’s ability to provide clean, conditioned air to your home for its normal expected lifetime.
Our 21-Point Precision Tune-Up
- Verify thermostat is sending proper signal to air conditioner.
- Inspect cabinet for rust, holes, seam separation and proper clearances.
- Inspect all electrical wiring and connections.
- Measure line voltage.
- Inspect fan blade for cracks and verify tight connection to motor shaft.
- Verify fan spins freely and has minimal endplay.
- Inspect all capacitors and microfarad.
- Measure condenser fan motor and compressor amperage.
- Inspect and test contactors/relays.
- Check circuit board for hot spots and other damage.
- Check defrost controls and verify proper defrost cycle.
- Test reversing valve for proper operation.
- Inspect and clean outdoor coil.
- Clean interior and exterior of outdoor cabinet. Apply protective coating.
- Inspect indoor coil and blower assembly condition. If cleaning is needed, additional charges will apply. Our technicians will discuss this with you first.
- Inspect drain pan and drain line for proper drainage, and clean if necessary. Check secondary drain line, pans and overflow devices if applicable.
- Measure static pressure.
- Measure temperature drop across indoor coil.
- Visually inspect accessible ductwork for any defect, and verify airflow at each vent inside of home.
- Remove and check filter. Replace if needed. Certain filter replacements require additional charges, depending on the type of filter your system utilizes. Our technicians will discuss this with you before any replacements.
- Verify thermostat settings and cycle air conditioner to verify proper sequence of operation upon completion.
Is it time to tune up your heat pump?
Contact A-TEMP today, and schedule your appointment.