What should I expect during an A-TEMP gas furnace tune-up?
All manufacturers recommend annual maintenance and care by a licensed HVAC contractor. During an A-TEMP 21-Point Precision Tune-Up, we will record measurements and observations, and identify and recommend any corrective actions needed to maintain the system’s ability to provide clean, conditioned air to your home for its normal expected lifetime.
Our 21-Point Precision Tune-Up
- Verify thermostat is sending proper signal to the furnace.
- Inspect cabinet for rust, holes, seam separation and proper clearances.
- Visually inspect accessible ductwork for any defects and verify airflow at vents inside home.
- Ensure proper grounding of equipment.
- Measure line voltage.
- Inspect and test contactors/relays.
- Inspect all electrical connections.
- Measure and adjust gas pressure at valve.
- Measure temperature rise.
- Measure static pressure.
- Verify fan control operation and settings.
- Inspect condition of exhaust venting for furnace.
- Inspect motor capacitors.
- Measure inducer motor amp draw. Verify it is within OEM specs.
- Verify blower wheel has tight connection to motor shaft.
- Verify blower wheel spins freely and has minimal endplay.
- Measure blower motor amp draw. Verify it is within OEM specs.
- Visually inspect heat exchanger, and use camera as necessary.
- Clean inside and outside of furnace cabinet.
- Remove and check filter. Replace if needed. Certain filter replacements require additional charges, depending on the type of filter your system utilizes. Our technicians will discuss this with you before any replacements.
- Verify thermostat settings and cycle furnace to verify proper sequence of operation upon completion.
Time to tune-up your gas furnace?
Contact A-TEMP today, and schedule your appointment.