What should I expect during an A-TEMP electric furnace tune-up?
All manufacturers recommend annual maintenance and care by a licensed HVAC contractor. During an A-TEMP 21-Point Precision Tune-Up, we will record measurements and observations, and identify and recommend any corrective actions needed to maintain your system’s ability to provide clean, conditioned air to your home for its normal expected lifetime.
Our 21-Point Precision Tune-Up
- Verify thermostat is sending proper signal to the furnace.
- Inspect cabinet for rust, holes, seam separation and proper clearances.
- Visually inspect accessible ductwork for any defects and verify airflow at each vent inside home.
- Ensure proper grounding of equipment.
- Measure line voltage.
- Inspect and test contactors/relays.
- Inspect all electrical connections.
- Test heat strip capacity and sequence of operation.
- Measure temperature rise.
- Measure static pressure.
- Check fan speeds.
- Test ECM motor for proper operation (if applicable).
- Test Inspect fan belt tension (if applicable).
- Inspect fan belt/pulleys for wear and tear (if applicable).
- Verify blower wheel has tight connection to motor shaft.
- Verify blower wheel spins freely and has minimal endplay.
- Inspect blower motor capacitor.
- Measure blower motor amp draw. Verify it is within OEM specs.
- Clean inside and outside of furnace cabinet.
- Remove and check filter. Replace if needed. Certain filter replacements require additional charges, depending on the type of filter your system utilizes. Our technicians will discuss this with you before any replacements.
- Verify thermostat settings and cycle furnace to verify proper sequence of operation upon completion.
Time to tune-up your electric furnace?
Contact A-TEMP today, and schedule your appointment.